Your new one-stop for all the latest gossip and spicy news from the platter of Bollywood is here again! Only on your favorite Bollywood site! With all that the B-town witnessed today, your daily dose of fresh Bollywood news is right below:
1. ‘Maa’ and ‘Auro’ will team up again for Sujoy Ghosh’s next film. The director, who is over-awed by the acting talent of Vidya Balan and Amitabh Bachchan, will cast them in his next flick, which will be based on novelist Sunil Gangopadhyay’s Bengali novel ‘Aranyer Din Ratri’.
2. Look up to Karisma Kapoor if you want to know how to balance work and home. The talented actress, who had opted out of films after her marriage, says she is glad that she gave priority to her family and children when they needed it most.
3. Bollywood’s ‘Dhak-Dhak’ girl Madhuri Dixit will be felicitated by the Nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar for her immense talent and noteworthy contribution to Indian cinema. The event will take place on 24th April and Madhuri is on Cloud Nine on receiving the honors.
4. What happens when the one of the most sought-after directors and a reigning Bolly queen are at a war of words with each? Lots and lots of hot and spicy gossip! News had been doing rounds that Karan Johar and Priyanka Chopra are passing nasty comments at each other over a popular social networking site.
5. After making the entire nation groove to her item song in Dabangg, ‘Munni’ is all set to shake her legs in the Telugu remake of the film. Malaika Arora Khan will be seen dancing to the popular item number ‘Munni Badnaam Hui’ in the film ‘Gabbar Singh’, which is the title of the Telugu version of the original ‘Dabangg’.
6. Speculations have increased as to who will star in the remake of Amitabh Bachchan-starrer film ‘Zanjeer’. Supposedly, southern star Ram Charan Teja will be cast along with Big B himself, although the news has not been confirmed.
7. Filmmaker Subhash Ghai has much to worry about as appeals by his company Mukta Arts Ltd to the Supreme Court regarding allotment of land for his film academy have been rejected. Nevertheless, he says that he would open branches of ‘Whistling Woods’ in many places all over the country.
8. Stars can go a long way in promoting their films. Veteran actor Anupam Kher recently joined this bandwagon by posing as a blind man to promote his upcoming film ‘Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein’, which will release on 12th April.
9. Pakistan’s Coke Studio has gained the admiration of another B-town actor. R. Madhavan recently tweeted about how he was moved to tears while listening to the amazing show. Amitabh Bachchan is also a fan of the show.
10. Another feather has been added to the caps of actors Dharmendra and Shabana Azmi. They were recently bestowed with the Padma Bhushan awards by President Pratibha Patil in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
11. Call it overconfidence, arrogance or self-trust, but Sajid Khan has promised southern siren Asin that ‘Housefull 2’ will be her biggest Bolly film ever. Asin can only hope that his predictions turn out to be true and that her film receives more recognition that Ghajini and Ready.
12. Naseeruddin Shah is enjoying shooting in Lahore for his upcoming film ‘Zinda Bhaag’. The film deals with illegal immigration, and Shah is absolutely loving shooting across the border.
13. The Bhatt camp seems obsessed with their ‘Jannat’ franchisee, so much so that Mukesh Bhatt is planning a third sequel to the film, even before the release of the second sequel ‘Jannat 2’. The latter will release on 4th May and is about illegal trading of arms.
14. There are actors who don’t quite take their roles in films seriously. And then there are some, who take them so seriously that they go to weird extents! Actor Anil Kapoor met Isaaq Bhagwan, whose role he would be playing in his next flick, and even asked him for the cop’s uniform so that he could wear them to get into his character.
15. If the Bhatts are obsessed with their ‘Jannat’ movies, so is the hero Emraan Hashmi. The lead actor recently claimed that IPL should be scared of their film ‘Jannat 2’ because the last time ‘Jannat’ released, theatres went houseful despite the fact that IPL was in progress at that time.
16. While all the Khans are busy hinting and hitting at each other, there is someone who ridicules the ‘No. 1 Race’. Akshay Kumar, who is awaiting release of his ‘Housefull 2’ and ‘Rowdy Rathore’, does not like to be compared to any other actor.
17. Remember Sameera Reddy? The actress, who began her career around ten years back and has done roughly a dozen films, says that she has no regrets about living her life the way she wants to. She puts her ‘life and heart’ before work and enjoys that.
18. The latest would-be daddy is happy doing his new job- producing babies! Businessman Raj Kundra is playing the doting husband to his pregnant wife and Bolly hotbod Shilpa Shetty and is loving that role. He has invested in MMA and SFL, but has no plans as of now of investing in films.
19. It is not new that foreign babes are imported to up the glam quotient of Bolly films, a recent addition to this league is international model Era Tsariova, who hails from Russia, and will be seen in Akashaditya Lama’s film ‘Cigarette Ki Tarah’. She was spotted in Goa by producer Rana Bhatia, who saw her partying with friends.
20. The ‘Idiot’ is back to doing his favorite job! Mentoring newcomers. Aamir Khan is helping debutant director Deepak Dwivedi in making his film ‘Kashmiri Glasshouse’. The story is set against the backdrop of Agra, and is all about friendship beyond religion and culture.
Keep coming back for more such hot Bollywood news tomorrow!
Post Your Comment Below