Star Cast: Parineeti Chopra, Arjun Kapoor
Director: Habib Faisal
Producer: Aditya Chopra
Music Director: Amit Trivedi
Lyrics: Kausar Munir
Story: Habib Faisal
Cinematography: Hemant Chaturvedi
Editor: Aarti Bajaj
Studio: Yash Raj Films
Distributors: Yash Raj Films
Release date: 11th May, 2012
Ishaqzaade, the much-awaited flick that has been well in talks, has finally releases today. The movie got super hype and promotional activities generated much oomph for the outing. The promos and the songs of the film made this flick the central talk among the cionegoers who wanted to watch it on big screen. Arjun Kapoor makes the debut with this enterprise. The guy’s rough and tough style and Parineeti Chopra’s deglam looks truly grabbed the attention of the viewers. Parineeti’s training for using the arms too fetched attention for the film.
Yash raj Films, the bigger banner of the filmdom, is behind the production and when the banner like YRF is at a movie’s back, you can expect a good entertaining stuff to watch on screen. The same happens with Ishaqzaade. Habib Faisal has directed this flick. This man’s expertise was witnessed in the flick ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ and now he shows his class with this venture.
One thing is always common in all of Yash raj movies i.e. romance. Their movies revolve around romantic sagas and when a viewer steps into the theater, he/she is aware of the fact that he/she would be treated with the right dose of romantic content in the film. Ishaqzaade, though makes rounds around action, carries the flavor of romance as well.
Ishaqzaade is a small town love story of two insubordinate and mutinous individuals – Parma (Arjun Kapoor) and Zoya (Parineeti Chopra). It is a boisterous love saga of these two individuals which oozed out by intense dislike. The film talks about two disputing political families and two swelteringly blazing characters and their fight for superiority and control. Both Parma and Zoya are born to hate but something happens between the two that they begin understanding that they are alike. They start loving each other.
Yash Raj Films always generate the super onscreen chemistry between the hero and heroine. And in this film as well, they continue with their ongoing tradition and brings out the marvelous chemistry between Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. Their love story is passionate and you would love watching it on screen.
Arjun Kapoor does not show any signs of debutante in this flick and from his acting, you cannot imagine that it is his first film. It is Parineeti Chopra’s second flick and she has quite matured enough and it looks as if she is many films old. She acts like an established star. The film does not lose its impact on the viewer in the first half and even in post interval portion rather the second half of the film is laced with quite ecstatic sequences to enjoy with.
Habib Faisal is a marvelous storyteller and that shows from his depiction of the story on screen. The man is brilliant and his ideas are fresh and innovative. His creative mind is behind the story and the screenplay of the movie. The script, though at some junctures gets a bit slow but soon gathers momentum, is well-penned and holds the attention of the viewers. Habib Faisal’s direction is superlative – the viewer hardly gets bored with the reels unzipping on the screen.
Amit Trivedi’s music is melodious. Pareshan is the pick of the lot. Hemant Chaturvedi’s cinematography is marvelous. Aarti Baja’s editing is fine. Sham Kaushal’s action is first rate and is the true life of the flick.
Arjun Kapoor is a class to watch. He makes his debut with this film and he never shows that he is a debutante. The actor has big scope ahead and he will soon become the central choice of the filmmakers. Parineeti Chopra is a wonderful and superlative actress. The girl with guns, she shows brilliance. Gauhar Khan looks fabulous in specially knitted role of a whore. Anil Rastogi is a fine actor. Natasha Rastogi delivers the act well. Ratan Rathore does great also.
Final Verdict by the Critic:
Ishaqzaade is a brilliantly made film with high dose of action and romance.
What Others Said:
The much anticipated Yashraj Venture, Ishaqzaade released today. After much deliberation on its release date; 11th May was finalised. The movie received mixed reviews from the critics; many believing that the film has not fared up to the mark. Let’s see what Top Reviewers had to say on the movie.
- Taran Adarsh gave the movie a rating of 3.5/5. He described the movie as an intense love story; which is narrated beautifully. The strong points of the movie according to Taran are the fantastic performances by the Lead Pair and the chart-topping music.
- Shomini Sen of Zee News also gave thumbs up to Ishaqzaade. The movie received 3.5 Stars on her rating. According to her, the narrative of the movie is quite fast and on the whole, it’s worth giving the movie a try. She rued however that the Director fails to maintain grip on the plat; in the second half. Shomini also praised the lead players Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. The latter has given a really good performance according to her.
- Martin D Souza of Glamsham also appreciated the movie maker’s effort; giving the movie a 3 star rating. The story has enough substance to keep the viewers according to him. He compared the movie to the yesteryears blockbuster Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak; while also praising the performances of the two lead actors. Martin has made a Special mention of Arjun Kapoor’s performance in detail.
- Mrigank Dhaniwala of Koimoi gave the film 3.5 out of 5. He stated that the movie has an excellently shot first half; while the pace of the narrative slackens in the second! Mrigank described Ishaqzaade as ‘Love story with a twist’. Both actors have done a wonderful job and the script writing is decent according to him.
- Amina Gupta of International Reporter gave the film a bashing and stated that it ends up as a disappointment. The movie fails to live up to the hype and curiosity that it has generated; according to Amina. The screenplay is the weak point; which doesn’t allow actors to perform to their potential; Amina pointed.
- Raja Sen of Rediff gave the film a two star rating. The narrative of the film is painstakingly slow in the second half according to him. The movie ends up as a boring affair after promising much more in the first half. He also quipped that the film is a bit sexist; which hasn’t allowed Parineeti Chopra to showcase her acting talent totally. Ishaqzaade displays a lot of promise but only in parts according to him.
The film ‘Ishaqzaade’ is mainly a romantic drama. The film stars Parineeti Chopra, the cousin of Priyanka Chopra who has gained popularity for her work in “Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl’ and Arjun Kapoor, the son of filmmaker Boney Kapoor. The rest of the cast of this film is equally interesting. The music has been given by well known music director Amit Trivedi while the lyrics have been given by Kausar Munir. The choreography has been done by the duo who had won the National Award for their outstanding work in the Hrittik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan starrer ‘Jodha Akbar’, i.e. Rekha and Chinni Prakash. Though the film is mainly a romantic drama, action plays an important part in it too. So, Sham Kaushal was chosen in order to handle the action part of this film.
Apart from the lead actors, the negative character is also played by a new face in ‘Ishaqzaade’. The name of the actor in this role is Aftab Ahmad. Along with them, we cannot leave out the name of Katrina Kaif who will once again be seen in an item number in the film, after her highly successful number in ‘Agneepath’.
The story of the film is based in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh. It shows the journey of two lovers, played by Arjun and Parineeti, in this rural backdrop. It shows how their love grows among the intense political confines of the rural parts of India. These two young people were born so that they could despise one another. But as fate would have it, they fall in love.
The film deals with how their love blossoms in spite of the problems and unbelievable political confines. The tag line of the film itself says ‘Ishaqzaade hain jitney fasano mein, milte hain kahan ab jahanon mein’.A major part of the shooting of the film has been done in Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh, in order to capture the essence and feel of the village areas. The shooting had begun on 15th October, 2011. The apart that has been shot in Hardoi, was done mainly in the month of November. The film is all set to release in the month of May in 2012.
This is a big film for Yash Raj too and there is no doubt that they will pull out all stops to make it big. The actors too are working very hard for this film. Arjun Kapoor has stated that he did not need classes for acting as it runs in his blood, coming from a family that has already been involved with Bollywood. But there is also a lot of action in the film. So Arjun had to work very hard in order to maintain the desired level of fitness. Moreover, the film’s actress has already raised expectations with her performance in her last film. So can she set the bar even higher with ‘Ishaqzaade’? We will be able to know for sure when the film releases in May.
Check Out the trailer