Bollygraph is here to transport you to the world of Bollywood. Be prepared for the ultimate blast of Bolly news.
- Sharman Joshi calls the Ferrari the ‘ultimate dream machine’. He says that the experience of driving a Ferrari was mind blowing. Sharman’s next film will have him play the solo lead for the first time. It shows him on a journey to achieve his dreams. Sharman says that riding the car was like experiencing the first dip in a roller coaster ride. He says that the car was extremely well taken care of during the shooting. A towing van was always used to handle the car. Sharman ends by saying that he hopes to buy a Ferrari soon.
- Farhan Akhtar says that neither the director nor the producers are thinking about making a sequel of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. He says that it is not necessary to make a sequel just because the film has been a successful one. The film ended up with five technical awards and four main awards including the award for the best film. Farhan says that hosting the event was fun and the film winning all those awards made it even special. The next film from the production company will be Reema Kagti’s Taalash. The film stars Aamir Khan, Rani Mukherjee and Kareena Kapoor.
- There will be a number of films which will release in the next 12 months. Akshay Kumar has the maximum number of films which are ready to be released. The actor has six films in the pipeline. Ajay Devgn has five films under his belt including the remake of Himmatwala and Prabhu Deva’s next. Salman Khan has 3 films including Dabbang 2 and Sooraj Barjatiya’s next. Imran Khan has a film by Vishal Bhardwaj, Punit Malhotra, Sajid Nadiadwala and the sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. Ranbir Kapoor will be doing films by Anurag and Abhinav Kashyap and Ayaan Mukherjee. Hrithik is busy with his home production and has no other films in the pipeline. Saif Ali Khan has Race 2 and the remake of Judwaa.
- Both Santosh Sivan and Shoojit Sircar are making films based on the Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam struggle. The shooting of both the films will start roughly at the same time. Both the directors claim that they had been thinking about making a film on the topic for a long time. Santosh Sivan’s film will be titled Ceylon while Shoojit has decided to call his Jaffna. Santosh says that his film will have an entirely new cast while Shoojit is casting John Abraham in his film. Shoojit has decided to shoot most of his film in South India. Santosh will be shooting his film in Sri Lanka.
- Rohit Shetty is in awe of megastar Amitabh Bachchan. He says that working with him was a dream come true. According to him it was like working with the almighty himself. The superstar worked with Rohit while shooting for a promotional song in the latter’s film Bol Bachchan. The director said that the moment will always remain very special for him. Rohit says that it was the first time he wanted to click a picture with an actor. The film stars Ajay Devgn, Asin Thottumkal, Abhishek Bachchan and Prachi Desai.
- Ranveer Singh returned to the sets of Lootera this weekend. He had hurt his back seriously while shooting for the film. The doctor had advised him to take complete rest for some days. Sham Kaushal who is the action director of the film refuses to make any changes to the action sequences. He says that the crew had waited for two and a half months for Ranveer’s recovery as the action scenes were crucial to the film. Vikas Bahl who is producing the film declared that Ranveer has recovered totally. The film is being shot in Dalhousie and shooting had to be stopped due to the heavy snowfall in the region.
- John Abraham says that he had expected Vicky Donor to do well. He says that he was happy with the responses the film received. He says that the entire team knew that casting newcomers would be a risk but it paid off. The absence of stars in the film was like a challenge to him. John claims to have been confident about the film throughout. He confirms that Ayushmaan will be doing the second film of his production company.
- Imran Khan agrees to do Punit Malhotra’s next directorial venture. The young actor had starred in Punit’s debut venture I Hate Love Stories. The film will be produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma productions. Imran had always been Punit’s first choice for the film but he had opted out due to some differences. There were speculations about Shahid Kapoor signing the film. After a lot of conjectures by the media finally Imran is back to doing the film.
- Kalki Coechlin is very happy in her space and with the kind of work she is doing. Kalki managed to impress the critics once again in her latest outing Shanghai. She says that she is pleased to see quality work coming her way. She says that patience is one attribute that an actress should possess. She has waited for the perfect role and she feels that her wait has paid off. Kalki says that she is not competing with hubby Anurag Kashyap as he has created his own space in the industry.
- Mahesh Bhatt recently came to Kalpana Lajmi’s rescue. He helped her to get her crew back to Mumbai safely from Bhopal. Kalpana Lajmi had been shooting for the film Kaanch in the city of Bhopal. The producer refused to pay for the shooting or the stay of the crew in 4 different hotels. They were held hostage until they could pay for the bills. The producer even sent goons to scare Lajmi off. Mahesh Bhatt called the Chief Minister, the Principal Secretary of the state and the District Magistrate and helped them out.
So now we conclude our Bollywood bulletin with the hope of meeting you again tomorrow.
Post Your Comment Below