Your favourite Bollywood portal is back with the news of the major happenings in the lives of the glitterati. We have brought you the exclusive information from the world of Bollywood.
- Actor Dalip Tahil plays the role of Jawaharlal Nehru in the film, Bhag Milkha Bhag. The film which is about Milkha Singh stars Farhan Akhtar as the ‘Flying Sikh’. He says that he is absolutely confident about his look in the film. He continues to say that the response that he has received from the people on the set has been very positive. Reportedly he has been working very hard to get the details right and even visited a dentist for this purpose.
- Rakesh Roshan has decided to shoot Krrish-3 in 2-D only. The superhero movie will have famous action director Tony Ching on its sets. The film which is slated for a Diwali release is being made with the best of the visual imagery teams. The film starring Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra is being mainly aimed at the children. The Roshans will take a final decision about the 3-D version later depending upon the demands.
- Amitabh Bachchan is playing Meyer Wolfsheim in his international debut The Great Gatsby. He confesses that it will indeed be a blink and you miss role. He says he is happy enough to act with the likes of Leonardo Di Caprio and Toby Maguire. The film is an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald classic novel. The 3-D film also stars Isla Fisher, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton.
- l Wajid of the music composer duo Sajid Wajid says that he had composed Mukhtasar for his album. He decided to use it in Kunal Kohli’s Teri Meri Kahaani as the it was perfect for the situtaion. He says that the lyrics had to be changed but he was firm about using the song in this very film. The song which is one of the few songs that has been released by the producers is already a huge hit. The song stars Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra in their modern avatars.
- Actress Preity Zinta is back to shooting and she is very happy about it. She is currently shooting for the film Ishq In Paris which is her first home production and is being directed by Prem Soni. She says that acting seems a luxury after such a lot of cricket. She went on to say that she was elated and excited to be back on the sets of her first movie as a producer.
- Ayushmann Khurana and Chitrangada Singh has been reportedly roped in to host IIFA Rocks which is to be held next month. The event consists of a fashion show and music night and is held a day before the actual awards ceremony. It is a part of the IIFA weekend which are held every year. The event will see performances by Mika, Vishal, Shekhar and Neha Dhupia.
- Saswata Chatterjee who played the demure and maverick villain, Bob Biswas in the Vidya Balaan starrer Kahaani does not want to shift base to Mumbai right now. He has been receiving a lot of offers from Mumbai but he wants remain an actor from Kolkata. He says that he will consider the offers once he is done with his present commitments and will accept an offer if the role offered is worth remembering even after the film.
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee has clarified that he is not designing Aishwarya’s wardrobe for this year';s Cannes festival. He said that he has no idea where the sources of these baseless rumours lie but he is not designing anything for the superstar. Aishwarya would visit the 65th Cannes Film Festival on 24th May to attend the dinner organised by L’oreal Paris. This dinner will help to raise funds for AIDS research. The Indian superstar had earlier chosen dresses made by international designers like Eli Saab and Armani.
- The latest celebrity to supposedly have attended the drug party held in Mumbai on Saturday is designer Rocky S. the designer said that he had gone to the party but stayed for a few minutes only. He would never have attended the party if he had known that it was a rave. The police busted the party which was attended by several celebrities, IPL players and models accusing them of taking drugs. The results of the medical test conducted on each detainee are yet to be received by the cops.
- Lata Mangeshkar comes forward to support Javed Akhtar in his fight to ensure that the royalty rights remain with the singers and the music directors. She says that she had started a similar fight in the 60s but her mission failed as no one came forward to support her. The legendary singer says that she is afraid that Javed Akhtar will have to face the fury of producers and music companies as a result of his fight. Earlier Javed Akhtar said that the desecration of songs would stop if the necessary changes are made to the existing copyright laws of the country.
- Pepsico has roped in Vidya Balan as the brand ambassador of Aliva, their snacks brand. She has been appointed to launch the six new flavours of the popular snacks. Vidur Vyas, the MD of Pepsico India says that the actress is a woman of sibstance and the relationship will be mutually benefitial. Vidya says that she enjoys eatong the snack and hopes that the buyers enjoy it as much as she does. Actress Chitrangada has been the face of Aliva since 2009.
That was the latest updates from the world of show biz. Do come back tomorrow for your daily dosage of the heady mixture called Bollywood.