We are here with today’s Bollywood report fresh out of the oven. Just go through the news report to know about the incidents that took place in Bollywood today.
- The shooting of Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiawala’s much delayed project 2 States will finally begin next year. At first Sajid had decided to rope in Shahrukh Khan for the film. When that failed Karan became a co-producer and wanted to sign Ranbir Kapoor. Even that did not work out and the film became an uncertainty. Finally Imran Khan has decided to do the film much to the producers’ relief. The film is about the love story of a Punjabi boy and a South Indian girl which finally culminates in marriage.
- King Khan will be giving this year’s IIFA Awards a miss much to the disappointment of his fans. He will be busy shooting for Yash Chopra’s film at that time. The actor had attended last year’s ceremony but this year he will be in London with his family. He will be joined by Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in London. The film is a quintessential love story which will be directed by Yash Chopra.
- A group of twenty one medical organisations including the Indian Medical Association has asked Aamir Khan to apologise. According to them the actor had insulted the profession in his tv show Satyamev Jayate. They have warned that in case their demand is ignored they would ask people to boycott the actor’s movies and shows. The episode was based on the insensitive malpractices in medical treatment.
- After Shimit Amin another Ram Gopal Verma protege will be directing a film for the Yash Raj Productions. Atul Sabharwal will be directing Aurangzeb for the production company which will star Arjun Kapoor. He had earlier written the script for Ram Gopal Verma’s My Wife’s Murder. He went on to direct a television series for the Yash Raj Productions next. Aditya Chopra spotted him there and asked him to write a screenplay. The film will see Arjun Kapoor in a double role for the first time.
- Venerable actor Naseeruddin Shah was so impressed with the script of his next film that he reduced his fees to a great extent. The film which is called Charlie Ke Chakkar Mein has been directed by debutant Manish Srivastav. Naseer will be playing the protagonist for a nominal fee. The film will also star a number of theater actors along with Naseer. The film is in it’s post production stage and will release next year.
- Actress Sonashi Sinha celebrates her twenty fifth birthday today. The actress is still enjoying the amazing response that her latest outing, Rowdy Rathode got. The actress started her acting career opposite Salman Khan in the blockbuster Dabanng. She has a long list of films awaiting release including Son Of Sardar, Lootera and Dabanng 2.
- Karan Johar has signed Emraan Hashmi for a film that he will be producing. The film will be directed by Renzil D’Silva and will star Kareena Kapoor too. The actress had some date problems which have been finally sorted. Emraan Hashmi is has become the talk of the town after the success of Jannat 2. He surely is one bankable actor everyone is watching out for.
- The ‘Junglee Billi’ has actually adopted a wild cat in reality. Yes you read that right, Priyanka Chopra has adopted a lioness. The fifteen year old lioness is called Sundari and lives in Birsa Zoological Park in Ranchi. Priyanka will be responsible for the lioness for only one year. She had adopted a tigress named Durga earlier this year.
- Anil Kapoor will be working with Sanjay Gupta once again in the latter’s film, Shootout At Wadala.. He had earlier starred in Sanjay’s film Musafir. Apparently the actor had said no when the director had offered him a film earlier. Anil says that he is happy that he signed this film. He goes on to say that the entire cast and crew of the film are working very hard and it is paying off.
- Raj Babbar will be seen playing Soha Ali Khan’s father in her forthcoming film. The actor has played Kareena’s father in Bodyguard in his last film. Though Timangshu Dhulia had not decided to cast him a chance meeting with Babbar made him take the decision. Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 2 is being shot in Devgarh Baria in Gujarat.
- Deepika Padukone became the brand ambassador of Parachute Advansed recently. The actress will feature in the advertisements of their World’s Best Hair campaign. Deepika used to to feature in Parachute Advansed advertisements back in 2007. The actress says that she is happy to be back in the Parachute Advansed family. Apparently Deepika’s elegance and confidence makes her the perfect brand ambassador for the hair product.
So that was all that we had for today. We hope to see you tomorrow for more such fun filled tidings from the tinsel town.
Post Your Comment Below