Bollygraph is back to take you on your regular tour of Bollywood. You will get to know about all the breaking news from Bollywood as we proceed through the tour.
- Superstar Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan celebrate their thirty ninth anniversary today. The veteran actor says that this day has opened the floodgate of memories for him. The celebrity couple had wed on 3rd June,1973. The couple have a daughter, Shweta Bachchan and a son, Abhishek Bachchan. Big B blogged about his big day saying that now is the time to remember the things that have taken place over the years.
- Nargis Fakhri says that she is waiting for the right script to come her way. Nargis who made her début with Imtiaz Ali’s Rockstar is yet to sign another film. Though the critics are already writing her off she calls herself a winner. She says that even if she has to leave in the future she will have made new friends, learnt a new language and gained much experience.
- Actress Jacqueline Fernandez recently celebrated her twenty seventh birthday. The actress has surely come a long way after making her début in 2008. The actress had won the title of Miss Sri Lanka in 2006 and did not have to look back ever since. The actress already has a number of huge hits to her credit. She recently turned down films like Raaz 3 and the sequel of Krrish starring Hrithik Roshan. The actress is reportedly in a relationship with her Housefull 2 director, Sajid Khan.
- The cast of Shanghai along with their director, Dibakar Banerjee will visit JNU tonight. The Shanghai cast will be there to discuss politics and the experience of shooting for the political thriller. Dibakar said that they would visit the JNU students for some ‘chai, anda and adda’. Dibakar who is from Delhi is very excited to go back to JNU which he used to visit during his college life.
- Deepika Padukone is pretty adventure loving it seems. The actress says that she had done some daring stuff in South Africa while shooting for Cocktail. The actress says that she along with Homi Adjania(the director) and Diana Penty went for swimming with sharks and jumping out of airplanes. Deepika also says that she is currently feeling the fittest and looking the best.
- Anurag Kashyap is extremely pleased with the kind of response his two part film, Gangs of Wasseypur 1 and 2 received at the Cannes. The revenge saga was played in front of a full house at the prestigious film festival. According to rumours Anurag was not the first choice as the director. Hansal Mehta who had earlier made Dus Kahaniyaan and Woodstock Villa was asked to direct the movie at first. Hansal had recently tweeted that Anurag had converted the script into a wonderful film.
- Arjun Kapoor thinks that today’s audience like innovative scripts. The actor says that the audience is ready to accept new kinds of films as long they are content based. He thinks that the audience is mature enough to like an actor with good acting skills. Arjun’s début film, Ishaqzaade went on to be a huge hit though it did not have big stars.
- Ranbir Kapoor will perform for the first time at the IIFA awards. He will be joining the elite group of stars who have performed at the much awaited awards. Ranbir says that he is very excited about his performance at this year’s IIFA. The award ceremony will be held in the Lion city of Singapore. Ranbir says that much is being expected from him and he is working very hard with Prabhu Deva to match that expectation.
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar record the Gayantri Mantra. The Nightingale of India says that her father, Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar loved hearing the Gayatri Mantra in her diction. So she was just fulfilling her father’s wish by recording the Mantra. The album is named Shree Gayatri Mahamantra and has been composed by Mayuresh Pai.
- Sonam Kapoor finally spoke about the Katrina controversy. She was quoted that she would gift Katrina a bouquet of flowers as she has the shamelessness to do certain kinds of things. Sonam says that she has been highly misinterpreted on this occasion. According to her she had meant it as a compliment to Katrina Kaif.
- Lisa Ray will be marrying her fiance, Jason Dehni on 20th October this year in Napa Valley. She had got engaged to this banking executive in the same place. She chose this date as it marks the beginning of Durga Puja and is an auspicious day. Lisa says that her wedding will be a combination of Indian and Lebanese customs and traditions.
This is where today’s eventful Bollywood tour ends. We expect to meet you tomorrow for more excitement and fun.