Welcome to Bollygraph’s Bollywood news bulletin. We have chosen the most exciting and spiciest occurrences that took place today in Bollywood.
- Shahrukh Khan wants to add that extra bit of spunk to the anthem of his IPL team, Kolkata Knight Riders. The previous anthem Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo Re had been created five years ago. Now the management wants a new song after the team’s victory in the 5th season of IPL. Vishal Dadhlani and Sujoy Ghosh would pen the lyrics like last time.Sujoy has decided to use the word ‘rongbaaj’ in the anthem. Shahrukh might rope in Akon to sing the anthem.
- Dhanush has been working very hard to correct his Hindi diction. The actor will be playing a boy from the holy city of Varanasi. The film which also stars Sonam Kapoor has been named Ranjhana. The director, Anand L Rai has asked Dhanush to watch Raj Kapoor’s films like Awaara and Shree 420 to correct his diction. Dhanush has tweeted that he currently three films in his hand.
- Tillotama Shome will be playing the character of Aruna Ahmadi in Shanghai.She was last seen in the film Monsoon Weddings. Apparently this character has been based on Vinita Kamte, the widow of Ashok Kamte. Dibakar says that this character is closest to his heart. Tillotama on the other hand says that Dibakar is a very realistic director.
- Aamir Khan will be part of the awareness about the malnutrition campaign. The Women and Child Development (WCD) ministry has designed this campaign along with the actor. The campaign will be ready within a few months. The part of the campaign involving the star will be released in three parts. The campaign will include audio, visual and print mediums.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali had to shell out 50 lakhs in order to avoid legal troubles. The song ‘Chin Ta Ta’ has proved to be the cause of all problems. Though Sanjay had bought the right to the Telegu film Vikramarkudu the song belonged to the music company. The song has been recreated in the film by the music composer duo Sajid and Wajid.
- Anurag Kashyap does not seem to be worried about not getting an Universal certificate for his next film. Gangs Of Wasseypore has not been sent to the censor board yet. The director thinks it will be given an ‘A’ certificate. Anurag says that the film is meant for the adults only and he is not afraid of losing audience. He is happy with the response the film’s music has been receiving.
- Shraddha Kapoor is all set to be the leading lady of the film from the Bhatt camp. Aashquie 2 already stars Shaad Randhawa and Aditya Roy Kapoor as leading actors. Shraddha who is Shakti Kapoor’s daughter was chosen through auditions that were held across the entire country. Shraddha made her debut with Amitabh Bachchan’s Teen Patti which was a flop. Her next film, Luv Ka The End did not do well at the box office either.
- Karrena Kapoor has always said that yoga helps her to maintain her envious figure. Now it seems Saif has rubbed some of her passion for yoga off. The actor apparently used to carry his mat wherever he went. Whenever he used to get free time during the shooting of Cocktail he used to practice yoga. In fact the suave actor gave yoga lessons to his co- actresses, Deepika Padukone and Diane Penty.
- Kumar Mangat is going to make a film on the life of the notorious criminal Charles Sobhraj. The director of the film, Prawaal Raman had earlier tried to make a film on the same topic. That film did not work out in the end but the Mangats were impressed with the kind of research he had done. Prawaal says that the film is going to be inspired by Sobhraj and the two cops who caught him. The producers inform that they are considering Saif Ali Khan and Emraan Hashmi to play the lead in their film.
- Delhi High Court refused to stall the release of Dibakar Banerjee’s much talked about film, Shanghai. The petition to stall the film until the song ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ was removed from it was filed by a political party. They reasoned that the song used insulting word and it would hurt sentiments. The court did not find anything wrong with the song and chose to give the director creative freedom. Music composer Vishal Dadhlani thanked the court for its progressive decision.
- Rajat Barmecha and Manjot Singh will be working with each other again in the film Disco Valley. The duo had earlier starred in the much impact creating film, Udaan. They also worked together in a short film called The Finish Line which went on to win a National Award. Rajat made his debut with Udaan while Manjot had played a thief in Oye Lucky Lucky Oye. Vivaan Shah was earlier supposed to do the role but he backed out due to date problems.
We hope that your curiosity has been satisfied. Well, do come back for more news tomorrow.