Everyday something new happens in the world of Bollywood. We choose the most interesting occurrences and present them to you.
- Aamir Khan will be the next actor to star in the remake of a Tamil film. The Tamil version of the film, Abhiyum Naanum was produced by Prakash Raj. It starred Prakash himself and South Indian star Trisha. The film is based on the relationship shared between a father and her daughter. The Hindi version of the film will be produced by Bonny Kapoor. His spokesperson though did not confirm the news.
- Director Zoya Akhtar thinks that the crew of a film does not get enough recognition in Bollywood. She says that it is very sad to see that no one appreciates the work done by the technicians of the films. She hopes that the crew of her film, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara wins the technical award at this year’s IIFA awards. She feels that a director cannot make a good film without the right crew.
- Anubhav Sinha has managed to rope in Madhuri Dixit for his next directorial venture, Gulab Gang. Rumours were that Madhuri was playing the role of a gangster in the film. Madhuri says that she is not playing a gangster or using abusive words in the film. She says the film is about a motley group of women who help other women. The group of women fight the injustice present in the society. The film is to be released on woman’s day next year.
- Abhinay Deo says that he is not planning to make a sequel to his hit debut vehicle, Delhi Belly. The talented director is busy preparing for the Indian version of the TV show, 24. The director does not want to get typecasted. He feels making films of different genres is important to be a good director. He has three film in the pipeline which belong ti totally different genres. He also says that he has been writing his own script.
- Rishi Kapoor says that he is proud of the fact that his family has contributed to the film industry for 80 years continuously. He says that out of the 100 glorious years of Bollywood his family has been a part of the industry for 80 long years. The one to start the legacy was obviously Prithviraj Kapoor who was followed by the legendary Raj Kapoor. Shammi Kapoor came next while Rishi and his brother Randhir carried forward the family legacy. Ranbir, Kareena and Karishma are the present generation Kapoors in Bollywood.
- Farhan Akhtar says that playing Jeev Milkha Singh in his next film proved to be very onerous. He says that playing a character based on a real person is tough. The biopic based on one of the best athletes India has ever had would be called Bhag Milkha Bhag. He says that the physical changes that were expected from him were also unconventional. He worked really hard to understand the man and know how his mind functioned every moment.
- Malaika Arora Khan was all praises about Kareena’s dancing skills recently. The sultry actress boasts of quite a few item numbers which went on to become huge hits. So Kareena was very excited to hear her praising her moves. Malaika had dropped on the sets of Heroine when the song was being shot. She had been shooting for a dance reality show nearby and came to visit Kareena. Heroine would have two item numbers done by Kareena Kapoor.
- Prakash Jha shot for an item number for his next directorial project, Chakravyuha. The item number is being done by debutant Anjali Patil and Ganesh Acharya is choreographing it. Prakash says that this song depicts a tribal celebration. The director admits that the song is a sensual one. Abbas Ali Moghul will be directing the action scenes of the film. Prakash says that the action scenes of the film will definitely be larger than life.
- Ajay Devgn will be seen wooing the gorgeous Asin in a Desi style. The actor will be seen shaking his leg in an earthy Indian number after a long time. Raju Khan, the choreographer of the film says that Ajay has grown as a dancer over the years. The song will have a vibrant and colourful fair as a backdrop. The song, Chalao Na Naino Se Baan Re will be sung by Himesh Reshammiya.
- Seems that Madhu Bhandarkar and Karrena Kapoor are topping popularity charts. Some or the other celebrity keep dropping in on the sets of their film, Heroine. This time it was Karan Johar who visited the sets. Karan who is a close friend of Kareena’s visited her on the sets. He was in her van as she was enacting a few lines in front of him. Karan praised Kareena for her killer moves in the item number.
So we think this is enough for today. We hope we entertained you in the process of informing you about the happenings in the lives of the glitterati.
Post Your Comment Below