He’s the boy next door….simple….yet with striking good looks….great potential as an actor…has done some noteworthy work so far in his career….he hails from a family of actors….and yet you will notice that he has made a place in the industry for himself with his OWN style and hard work…. His work has spoken for itself and it’s not controversies that make this man so popular and well, if I may say so….so deeply DESIRABLE!
Yes, we are talking about the bye eyed boy…Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir was born in Mumbai (Maharashtra) on 28th September, 1982. The Kapoor family has a Punjabi origin. Ranbir’s father is one of the best actors from his time, Rishi Kapoor and his mother is the famous and gorgeous actress Neetu Singh.
Raj Kapoor, a film maker and an actor in his era, was Ranbir Kapoor’s grandfather.
Ranbir is Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor (film makers and actors) grand nephew; Prithviraj Kapoor’s great grandson and Randhir Kapoor’s & Rajeev Kapoor’s (actor) nephew.
Other prominent family members take account of Kareena Kapoor Karishma Kapoor, Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoor, as well as Nikhil Nanda (Ranbir’s cousins); Trilok Kapoor (Great Grand Uncle); babita (aunt); Rajendranath, Narendranath and Premnath ( grand uncles on Ranbir’s grandmother’s side).
As a kid, Kapoor studied in Mahim at the Bombay Scottish School, and then joined The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute based in New York to pursue method acting. Ranbir’s first film was in the year 2007, by the name of Saawariya and Ranbir won the Filmfare award for the best debut (male) for the movie. In the year 2009, he worked in the commercially booming and critical films like Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Wake Up Sid, and went ahead to win best performance award at the Filmfare Critics Award ceremony. In the year 2010, Ranbir Kapoor tasted success in the true sense when a multi-starrer chartbuster, Raajneeti, turned out to be his biggest ever commercial success to date.
Ranbir’s Career Chart
Before Ranbir Kapoor established himself as an actor, he worked with Sanjay Leela Bhansali (director), as his assistant and was occupied in the production of the movie Black (in the year 2005). In the year 2007 the world saw Ranbir Kapoor- the actor in his acting first appearance in sanjay leela bansali’s saawariya where he was cast opposite to newcomer Sonam Kapoor. Even though the movie saawariya did not fair too well, Ranbir’s performance was immensely appreciated. Next, he was spotted in the romantic comedy by Siddharth Anand, Bachna Ae Haseeno (in the year 2008) where he was cast opposite the 3 beauties in Bollywood- Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Minissha Lamba.
Ranbir’s work in Wake Up Sid (in the year 2009) was highly appreciated. Ayan Mukerji had Ranbir play the role of Siddharth Mehra, who was a Mumbai college student, totally flawed and self-absorbed. Ranbir was paired with Konkona Sen Sharma who is known for her noteworthy characteristics as an actor. Wake Up Sid turned out to be commercial sensation, and Kapoor received several recommendations for the Best Actor that year at award functions.
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani saw Ranbir cast opposite the dazzling damsel Katrina Kaif and this film turned out to be one of the prime hits for that year. Subsequent to this, Ranbir was seen in Shimit Amin’s production Rocket Singh where Ranbir played the character of the Salesman of the Year. Even though there was a lot of hype about this film, it failed to show its potential at the box office.
In the year 2010, Ranbir surprised his critics with the mind boggling comeback in Rajneeti, the multi-starrer smash hit by Prakash Jha. After that, Ranbir was seen cast opposite Priyanka Chopra in Anjaana Anjaani by Siddharth Anand. His future projects include Rockstar by Imtiaz Ali’s where he is cast opposite Diana Penty, who is a newcomer.
A Sneak Peak into Ranbir’s Personal Life
Ranbir is someone who quite often amazes us all. This young lad still lives in Pali Hill (Mumbai, Maharashtra) along with his parents. It was in the year 2008 that at some stage in an interview, Ranbir had proclaimed that he and Deepika Padukone (a Bollywood female actor) were dating each other. It was much later in the year 2009 that the news of their break up seemed to do the rounds. He has been linked with a series of female actors since, but Ranbir has not announced another relationship yet. So for you girls out there, Ranbir Kapoor is SINGLE!!!
- In the year 2007, Ranbir Kapoor was seen in Saawariya, where he played the character Raj. He went on to win the Filmfare award for Best Debut (Male).
- In the year 2008, Ranbir Kapoor was seen in Bachna Ae Haseeno, where he played the character Raj Sharma.
He also did a guest appearance in the movie Luck By Chance.
Ranbir played the role of Sidharth Mehra in Wake Up Sid.
He was seen in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani as Prem Shankar Sharma.
He also did Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year where he played the role of Harpreet Singh Bedi.
*Ranbir was nominated for Best Actor (Filmfare Award) and Best Actor (Filmfare Critics Award) for Wake Up Sid, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year.
- In the year 2010, Ranbir was seen in Rajneeti as Samar Pratap and was nominated for Best Actor (Filmfare Awards).
He played the character of Akash in Anjaana Anjaani opposite Priyanka Chopra.
- In the year 2011, Ranbir was seen in Chillar Party where he appeared in the “Tai Tai Phishh” song.
He is playing the role of Jordan in his upcoming film Rockstar.
Also, in the pipeline is his movie Barfee for which he is currently shooting.
Ranbir Kapoor has made a mark and a place for himself in Bollywood, not as a lad who hails from a family of well known actors, but as the boy with “innocent” looks who has worked hard and proven that he has substance and has more to offer Bollywood. He hasn’t been swarmed by controversies as much as he has been appreciated for his good work. Ask anyone on who they think is Bollywood’s most talented and Desirable…..and you’re bound to get “Ranbir Kapoor” by the dozens!
There are quite a few interesting things that I’ve come across about this actor with great potential. If you are as inquisitive about this “blue eyed boy” than I am, read further….
- Ranbir is a happy go lucky sort of a person. He likes talking to people who seem to come across as interesting to him. He doesn’t so much believe in “corny” lines…. He believes more in the “look” that you often give to someone! He’s the kind of person who would rather have a good conversation with someone who appears interesting to him.
- Ranbir doesn’t dig chaos or untidiness….so that means he’s neat! He prefers silence over noise….loneliness over a stuffy atmosphere….basic and subtle are more his taste.
- He feels that he’s a confused soul! He is a bit complicated, a bit confused and slightly complex!
(I feel it is this perfect blend of natural qualities that makes him so innocent and desirable!)
- The one thing Ranbir Kapoor would never leave home without is his cell phone!
- If you talk about speed dial…take a wild guess…..well, it’s none other than his “MOM”!
- Till date, he takes Rs. 1500 from his mother every week.
- Strangely enough, he admits that he cries often….the greatest part- he doesn’t seem to be ashamed to say so!
- He assisted Rishi Kapoor (his father) in the movie Aa Ab Laut Chale (in the year 1999) and then later on assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali during the filming of Black (in the year 2005).
- Ranbir gets his name from his grandfather’s name, Raj Kapoor who was a legendary actor. His complete name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- Last but not the least…and if I may say….most importantly- Ranbir feels that women are beautiful. He respects them…..he has great love for them….but alas! It doesn’t seem to him like it’s his true calling in life! For this young chap, it is acting and cinema that are the true love of his life…..what he is destined to do….and what he loves to do the utmost….
- Ranbir’s full name is Ranbir Rishi Kapoor.
- Neetu Singh (now Neetu Kapoor) and Rishi Kapoor are Ranbir’s proud parents.
- Riddhima Kapoor is Ranbir’s sister.
- Ranbir celebrates his birthday on the 28th of September every year.
He was born in 1982.
- Ranbir’s Zodiac Sign is Libra
- He did his High School from Bombay Scottish.
- He went to College at the Le Strasberg Institute.
- Ranbir’s loves Soccer, Chess and Cricket.
- Ranbir’s Favorite Actors include Rishi Kapoor (his dad) and Akshaye Khanna.
- Ranbir’s Favorite Actress is Kajol.
- Ranbir loves to watch movies such as Life is Beautiful, Shree 420 and Devdas.
- His favorite Books include names like ‘The Kite Runner’ by Khaled Hosseini and ‘Songs My Mother Taught Me’ by Marlon Brando.
- Ranbir loves to eat anything that his mom cooks, apart from that he relishes Chinese and Italian food.
- Never leaves home without his cell phone
- Ranbir’s Debut Film was Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya in the year 2007.
- Most important Impact was from the movie Bachna Ae Haseeno (in the year 2008).
Ranbir has won the Best Newcomer award for his performance in Saawariya.
Post Your Comment Below